Would you like to buy the cheapest auto insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Toyota Sequoia insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Toyota and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Denver insurance agents.
You need to compare prices before your policy renews because auto insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Toyota Sequoia insurance in Denver a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to learn the quickest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you're already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Our goal in writing this article teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some money-saving tips. Vehicle owners just need to understand the quickest method to compare prices over the internet.
Finding cheap Denver insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing free Denver auto insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Denver, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$264||$448||$396||$24||$118||$1,250||$104|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$182||$384||$456||$28||$136||$1,186||$99|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$182||$332||$396||$24||$118||$1,052||$88|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$270||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,184||$99|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$182||$382||$368||$22||$110||$1,064||$89|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$164||$332||$338||$20||$100||$954||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Toyota Sequoia yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Colorado drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for auto insurance savings by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to convey the message about saving some big amount if you get a free Denver auto insurance quote and switch to their company.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge you less for car insurance? It's all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver that earns them a profit. One example of a profitable customer may need to be over the age of 40, has had continuous coverage, and does not commute to work. A propective insured that hits that "sweet spot" will get very good Denver premium rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don't qualify for the ideal profile will see a more expensive rate and this can result in business not being written. The trick companies use is to say "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" can save as much as they claim. That's the way companies can truthfully make those claims. Because of the profiling, it's extremely important to compare many company's car insurance rates. It is just not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Sequoia insurance in Denver.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Denver, insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it's most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects your Toyota and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance policy discounts for Toyota Sequoia insurance in Denver
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise all discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you low cost Toyota Sequoia insurance.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Denver may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Denver auto insurance quote.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Driving Data Discount - Denver drivers who agree to allow companies to track driving manner by using a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, accident-free, ease of repair, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, multi-car, youthful driver, business and professional, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for company car, mature driver, multiple vehicles, paperless, good student, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, new graduate, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, and preferred payment discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- USAA may have discounts that include loyalty savings, family discount, good student, multi-policy, and driver training.
If you want inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose companies that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
A small number of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Denver who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How are they compensated?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Different types of Denver car insurance agents
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Denver may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn why they differ since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
- Jack Sunahara - State Farm Insurance Agent
3525 S Tamarac Dr #160 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 779-4848 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 333-0205 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - James Lundin
1490 N Lafayette St #302b - Denver, CO 80218 - (303) 433-4542 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, it's recommended you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Denver independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 - Denver, CO 80212 - (303) 237-5445 - View Map
- All Insurance Agency
67 Knox Ct - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 935-3661 - View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 824-6600 - View Map
Auto insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and hail damage. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like pain medications, nursing services, surgery and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Sequoia resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Sequoia to bring the cost down.
Cheap auto insurance rates are out there
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Toyota Sequoia insurance car insurance rates in Denver. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Denver is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boulder, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)