Paying for overpriced Mazda 3 insurance in Aurora can dwindle your bank account and force you to tighten up your finances.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Colorado could save roughly $600 every year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
What Determines Mazda 3 Insurance Costs?
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Get a ticket, pay higher rates - Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Getting just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with careless citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Higher premiums for specific employers - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as judges, architects and miners generally pay the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and performers get better rates.
- More traffic equals higher rates - Having an address in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated Colorado areas tend to have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Policy lapses lead to higher prices - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage will get you fines and jail time.
- Gender and auto insurance costs - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles lower costs - The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Mazda 3 insurance loss probability - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Mazda 3 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Mazda 3 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparing car insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a lower rate. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,158||$97|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$282||$358||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$332||$358||$22||$108||$982||$82|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$388||$644||$460||$28||$138||$1,658||$138|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$148||$288||$338||$20||$100||$894||$75|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$416||$474||$28||$142||$1,270||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific Aurora garaging location which can change auto insurance rates noticeably.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Mazda 3 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Mazda 3 premium costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Mazda 3 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mazda 3 in Aurora, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mazda 3, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Mazda could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Aurora car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Aurora who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Aurora?
Below is a short list of insurance companies in Aurora that can give you price quote information for Mazda 3 insurance in Aurora.
After you get positive feedback for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an provider that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Affordable insurance premiums are possible
Some insurance companies don't offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents. Affordable Mazda 3 insurance in Aurora is definitely available on the web in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Mazda 3 insurance prices in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Aurora car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. They often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Broomfield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)