How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost auto insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced Jeep Wrangler insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Jeep and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Denver insurance agents.
It's important to price shop coverage quite often because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Denver a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to learn the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you're already insured or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to teach you a little about how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. Shoppers just have to understand the most efficient way to quote multiple rates instantly.
How to compare Denver Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes
Finding low cost Denver car insurance prices can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rates to find out which insurance company has affordable Denver auto insurance quotes.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$262||$362||$474||$28||$142||$1,268||$106|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$112||$154||$412||$24||$124||$826||$69|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$174||$278||$362||$22||$108||$944||$79|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$234||$288||$462||$28||$138||$1,150||$96|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$170||$252||$330||$20||$98||$870||$73|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$336||$432||$592||$36||$178||$1,574||$131|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$190||$232||$496||$30||$148||$1,096||$91|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$212||$320||$338||$20||$100||$990||$83|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$162||$232||$448||$26||$134||$1,002||$84|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$294||$424||$570||$34||$170||$1,492||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in Denver location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Jeep Wrangler insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Jeep Wrangler yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set guideline to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Wrangler replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Slash rates with these price cutting discounts
Some insurers don't always publicize every available discount very well, so the list below details both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Good Driver Discount - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some companies give discounts for signing up early. You could save around 10% when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Driver Safety - Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Distant Student - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Organization Discounts - Joining a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Denver Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Denver.
Local Denver insurance agents and insurance
Many people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Denver.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is submitted to companies in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Denver for you
When narrowing the list to find a good Denver insurance agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Denver can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with companies you've never heard of who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Denver that may be able to provide free insurance rate quotes.
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 - Denver, CO 80246 - (800) 636-6185 - View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 377-1172 - View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-9300 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below are Denver exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie W. Pacheco
6200 E Yale Ave - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 788-0777 - View Map
- Caramel Russell-Rouse - State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 - Denver, CO 80224 - (303) 424-0420 - View Map
- Alan Deines - State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 388-4400 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which family members are covered?
The Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rate Equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the items that factor into your rate level.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum - If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn't be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Colorado provide discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Long commutes cost more - Driving more miles each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Wrangler may be wasting your money.
- How much liability insurance do you need? - Liability coverage will protect you if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Physical damage deductibles - Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- More traffic equals higher rates - Living in a rural area can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Jeep Wrangler statistical loss data - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help determine prices. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Denver, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Jeep Wrangler with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Jeep gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Wrangler definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistence will pay off
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high prices, unfair underwriting practices or even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Jeep Wrangler insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Denver auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with the least-expected company.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)