Do you want to save money by buying more affordable Ford Fusion insurance in Denver? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used Ford Fusion in Colorado can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for your Ford and locate the best price possible.
It's a good idea to quote other rates once or twice a year because car insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rate on Ford Fusion insurance in Denver a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Ford Fusion insurance in Denver.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$306||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$332||$396||$24||$118||$1,032||$86|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$448||$532||$32||$160||$1,358||$113|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$384||$456||$28||$136||$1,186||$99|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$282||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$334||$714||$426||$26||$128||$1,628||$136|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$324||$330||$20||$98||$934||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify insurance rates substantially.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Fusion insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Fusion full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Fusion replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Get cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Denver with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection - Denver drivers who agree to allow their company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- College Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Denver and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you affordable Ford Fusion insurance rates in Denver.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting coverage on a new Fusion is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies that may offer policyholders these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Denver car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Neighborhood Denver auto insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Denver.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out the difference between them because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with companies you've never heard of who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Denver independent insurance agents that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-9300 - View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 824-6600 - View Map
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd - Denver, CO 80232 - (303) 936-7233 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Caramel Russell-Rouse - State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 - Denver, CO 80224 - (303) 424-0420 - View Map
- Bob Chapman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-3005 - View Map
- Val Laskowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
5353 W Dartmouth Ave #410 - Denver, CO 80227 - (303) 987-8849 - View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
After receiving good feedback as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel a policy for any reason so don't think that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for a certain time period.
Auto insurance is not optional in Colorado
Even though Denver Fusion insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Fusion, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, funeral costs and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Ford Fusion.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/15 in Colorado), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Fusion resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your Fusion to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Compare but don't skimp
People switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount Ford Fusion insurance in Denver can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)