How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Ford Focus insurance in Denver? Tired of wondering where the money will come from to keep your car insured? You are no different than most other consumers in Colorado.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Consumers in Denver could save themselves roughly $600 a year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy. Consumers have multiple insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal for Ford Focus insurance in Denver.
Comparison shopping for the best policy in Denver can be fairly easy. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to buy cheaper car insurance while maximizing coverage. Smart shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to compare different rates online.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$314||$338||$20||$100||$922||$77|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$362||$358||$22||$108||$1,036||$86|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$630||$358||$22||$108||$1,374||$115|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$740||$426||$26||$128||$1,578||$132|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$260||$630||$448||$26||$134||$1,498||$125|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$266||$620||$480||$28||$144||$1,538||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can influence price quotes greatly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Ford Focus insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Ford Focus car insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Focus settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing in excess of $500 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Verify you're applying every discount
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in high school.
- Federal Government Employee - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Denver auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Focus insurance premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help reduce the cost of coverage.
To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado, click here.
Three reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it's important to compare rates every year to save money.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Denver auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is sent to participating agents in Denver that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Types of car insurance agents in Denver
If you're trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Denver are considered either exclusive or independent. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give price quote information.
Alan Deines - State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 388-4400 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Denver will have answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How long has their agency been open in Denver?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?