Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive Ford Explorer insurance in Denver? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for your Ford Explorer in Colorado can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and find the cheapest rates.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Ford Explorer insurance in Denver a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to learn how to use the internet to get good coverage on Ford Explorer insurance in Denver at a lower rate.
Getting a cheap price on Ford Explorer insurance can be quick and easy. You just need to take a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$272||$376||$352||$20||$106||$1,126||$94|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$130||$200||$338||$20||$100||$788||$66|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$212||$320||$338||$20||$100||$990||$83|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$192||$236||$460||$28||$138||$1,054||$88|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$184||$282||$358||$22||$108||$954||$80|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$264||$448||$396||$24||$118||$1,250||$104|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$186||$330||$426||$26||$128||$1,096||$91|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$162||$296||$396||$24||$118||$996||$83|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$378||$672||$474||$28||$142||$1,694||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change premiums significantly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can impact Ford Explorer car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Denver
The information below compares Ford Explorer premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Why you need insurance for your Ford Explorer
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Denver, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Ford and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to save money.
Affordable rates by applying discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Explorer insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here to view.
Buying insurance from Denver insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is still important in Denver.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it's a good idea to include price quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Denver that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Dagley Insurance and Financial Services Inc
2055 S Federal Blvd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 975-1229 - View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 - Denver, CO 80246 - (800) 636-6185 - View Map
- Insurance Town and Country
1735 E 17th Ave #3 - Denver, CO 80218 - (303) 388-7216 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Denver that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Charles F. Simmons
797 S Pearl St - Denver, CO 80209 - (303) 722-0191 - View Map
- Austin Domsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-0895 - View Map
- Hiram Licea - State Farm Insurance Agent
3600 Morrison Rd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 935-7475 - View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Insurance can get complicated
When selecting a policy, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Discount Ford Explorer insurance is attainable online in addition to many Denver insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just learned many ideas to shop for Ford Explorer insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Denver auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Aurora, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)