Cutting costs on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Denver can seem to be hard for people not familiar with online comparison shopping. With so many agents and online companies, it can easily be a ton of work to compare prices in Colorado on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Drivers in Denver could save as much as 35% each year, but they just don't understand the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
These techniques will help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using these methods. But Colorado car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies sell online because rates are impacted by many factors.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best auto insurance rates as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Discount - Seniors may receive a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, defensive driving training, driver's education, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, newly retired, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has savings for good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, early shopping, mature driver, teen driver, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including company car, paperless, mature driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, teen driver, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, anti-theft, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere. To find providers who offer online Hyundai Santa Fe insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to find competitive insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so it's necessary to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$202||$454||$330||$20||$98||$1,104||$92|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$234||$448||$368||$22||$110||$1,182||$99|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$252||$368||$460||$28||$138||$1,246||$104|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$144||$350||$396||$24||$118||$1,032||$86|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$168||$340||$352||$20||$106||$986||$82|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can revise prices greatly.
Hyundai Santa Fe liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Santa Fe insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Santa Fe settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below shows the comparison of Hyundai Santa Fe insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Hyundai Santa Fe premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's needs are different and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Denver who will give you quotes for your business. You won't need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Denver for you
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Denver can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Denver that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Dagley Insurance and Financial Services Inc
2055 S Federal Blvd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 975-1229 - View Map
- Westwood Insurance
57 W Alameda Ave - Denver, CO 80223 - (303) 722-2841 - View Map
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Denise Hoffman
535 16th St #350 - Denver, CO 80202 - (303) 628-0554 - View Map
- Blanca Kerschen - State Farm Insurance Agent
4840 Chambers Rd b - Denver, CO 80239 - (303) 595-9000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
3401 Quebec St Ste 9400 - Denver, CO 80207 - (303) 377-4767 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Any good agent in Denver should know the answers to these questions.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Cheap coverage is out there
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Hyundai Santa Fe insurance auto insurance rates in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Denver is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Brighton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)