Finding cheaper insurance for a Honda Civic in Colorado can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Honda and get the cheapest rates from Colorado Springs insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons as often as possible because prices change frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Honda Civic insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There is a lot of wrong information about Civic insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to quit paying high car insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Colorado Springs is really not that difficult. If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Shoppers just have to use the proper methods to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Club Memberships - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Colorado Springs is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Honda could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Student in College - Kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Colorado, click here.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes for Honda Civic insurance in Colorado Springs is to know the trick almost all companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them some information such as if your license is active, your occupation, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and whether you are married. Those rating factors is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To compare cheap Honda Civic insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Colorado Springs.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$362||$396||$24||$118||$1,066||$89|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,066||$89|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,130||$94|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$556||$496||$30||$148||$1,434||$120|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$662||$396||$24||$118||$1,426||$119|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$630||$358||$22||$108||$1,374||$115|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$214||$616||$592||$36||$178||$1,636||$136|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$608||$358||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,342||$112|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$260||$762||$496||$30||$148||$1,696||$141|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$726||$358||$22||$108||$1,508||$126|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$910||$592||$36||$178||$2,052||$171|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$546||$338||$20||$100||$1,270||$106|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$276||$696||$592||$36||$178||$1,778||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Colorado Springs which can change price quotes greatly.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The diagram below compares Honda Civic auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Drive safe and save
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents impact Honda Civic annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How Your Civic Insurance Premiums are Determined
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
Expect high rates for teens - Drivers with little experience have been known to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a beginning driver onto your car insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
Never let your car insurance policy expire - Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado DMV.
Responsible drivers pay less - Just one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Your career may increase premiums - Careers such as military personnel, police officers, and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than average due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers such as farmers, athletes and performers pay the least.
Honda Civic historical loss data - Insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda Civic vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Civic Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Civic Hybrid||90||85||106||105||78|
|Honda Civic Si||126||97||117||124||104|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to adequate coverage, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is my Honda Civic covered for flood damage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Honda Civic is totaled?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- How are claims handled?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Bob Hawkins - State Farm Insurance Agent
5490 Powers Center Point #132 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 418-3377 - View Map
- Roberto Martinez - State Farm Insurance Agent
1216 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 574-0210 - View Map
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get rate quotes.
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 329-4441 - View Map
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 574-0082 - View Map
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Honda Civic. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
The cheapest Honda Civic insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to find affordable Honda Civic insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
When searching for the cheapest Honda Civic rate quotes, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)