Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance companies in Fort Collins? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many choices that it can be hard work to compare insurance rates on Honda CR-V insurance. Fort Collins has lots to offer, but trying to pay high insurance rates can make it hard for many residents to pay for enough insurance coverage.
It's hard to believe, but most insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. The average driver in Fort Collins could save themselves 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
Companies offering Honda CR-V insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$150||$258||$286||$16||$86||$796||$66|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$226||$440||$314||$18||$94||$1,092||$91|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$148||$252||$280||$16||$84||$780||$65|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$336||$552||$404||$24||$120||$1,436||$120|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$264||$368||$304||$18||$92||$1,046||$87|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$130||$196||$280||$16||$84||$706||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Honda CR-V insurance prices for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Determine discounts on Fort Collins car insurance
Companies do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Having all your vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, federal employee, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, teen driver, defensive driver, student driver, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, TimeAway discount, good student, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, and defensive driver.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Fort Collins, follow this link.
How Your CR-V Insurance Prices are Determined
When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that go into determining your insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
Driving citations hurt - Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have dangerous tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Keep the miles off and save - The more miles you rack up on your Honda annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. It's a good idea to make sure your policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated CR-V may be costing you.
Don't buy add-on coverages you don't need - Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your CR-V policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Are males or females drivers cheaper? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have fender benders in similar numbers, but men have accidents that have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
Honda CR-V claim probability - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-V Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my Honda CR-V covered for smoke damage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
What if I want to buy from local Fort Collins auto insurance agents?
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Fort Collins.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to companies in Fort Collins that provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they work. Fort Collins agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
The following are Fort Collins independent agencies who may provide rate quotes.
- Mitchell Zuber Insurance Agency
2850 McClelland Dr #3000 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-0600 - View Map
- Frontier Insurance Group
144 N Mason St # 5 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 672-8853 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm: Chip Beake
106 E Olive St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-1936 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Cindy Gerk Agency LLC
4050 S Timberline Rd Unit 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 377-0676 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Wang
1606 S Lemay Ave #107 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-0808 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Fort Collins should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
After receiving satisfactory answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind it's your coverage and you can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don't feel you're contractually obligated to your new company with no way out.
Smart consumers save more
Budget-conscious Honda CR-V insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Fort Collins agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
You just read a lot of techniques to find affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)