Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper car insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for your Jeep and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Denver agents.
It's a good habit to quote other rates as often as possible because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Denver a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to find out the tricks you need to know to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Buying affordable car insurance in Denver can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Shoppers just have to use the tricks to compare company rates on the web.
Cheap Jeep insurance rate quotes in Denver
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$272||$458||$352||$20||$106||$1,208||$101|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$164||$330||$426||$26||$128||$1,074||$90|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$300||$620||$426||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$340||$662||$474||$28||$142||$1,646||$137|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can influence prices substantially.
Cost of full coverage in Denver
The information below shows the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Eight Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
The list below includes some of the things used by your company to calculate prices.
- Protect yourself with liability insurance - Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Cars with good safety ratings means better premiums - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Costs can change based on your address - Having an address in a small town has it's advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't diligent. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing, and motor club memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
- File a car insurance claims and pay more - If you file a lot of claims you shouldn't be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Colorado provide the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- You may save more by consolidating policies - Many insurers allow lower prices to customers who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Age of drivers impacts prices - Youthful drivers in Colorado are proven to be inattentive in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
- Vehicle options can affect car insurance rates - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee claim statistics - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Grand Cherokee Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every disount available very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Multiple Cars - Having multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Student in College - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Denver and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Early Switch Discount - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, federal employee, good student, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, student away at school, and driver's education.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for student driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
It's a good idea to ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Denver car insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you want a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agents in Denver are either independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out the subtle differences because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Denver willing to provide rate quotes.
- Alan Deines - State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 388-4400 - View Map
- Lori Rickert State Farm??
714 S Pearl St - Denver, CO 80209 - (303) 757-7440 - View Map
- Hiram Licea - State Farm Insurance Agent
3600 Morrison Rd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 935-7475 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you check rates from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Denver that can give you comparison quotes.
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 477-0505 - View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-9300 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St - Denver, CO 80210 - (970) 230-3020 - View Map
Once you have received positive feedback for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide insurance.
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we presented many ways to save on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Denver car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Denver can be sourced from both online companies and with local Denver insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional car insurance information can be found below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Security-Widefield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)