Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Fort Collins? If you've never shopped for Fort Collins auto insurance quotes online, you can be bewildered because of the huge number of local and online companies that all say they have the best rates for Ford Fusion insurance in Fort Collins.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Colorado could save about $610 a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find affordable insurance rates.
It's a good habit to quote other rates at least once a year because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate on Ford Fusion insurance in Fort Collins six months ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to learn the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Seven factors that affect insurance costs
It's important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Policy claims cost money - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Colorado give cheaper rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your location is a factor - Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Most major car insurance companies provide lower prices for people that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Don't skimp on liability protection - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer occupants lowers rates - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Employer can influence rates - Careers like judges, business owners and accountants are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Other careers like professors, historians and performers get better rates.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't careful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Insurance loss data for a Ford Fusion - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Ford Fusion Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how old drivers are, if it has an anti-theft system, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and an estimate of your credit level. Those rating factors is instantly provided to many different companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To find lower lower-cost Ford Fusion insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$314||$338||$20||$100||$944||$79|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,322||$110|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$500||$440||$26||$132||$1,348||$112|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$378||$792||$474||$28||$142||$1,814||$151|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$458||$338||$20||$100||$1,154||$96|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$360||$362||$22||$108||$1,044||$87|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$608||$396||$24||$118||$1,440||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Is there truth in advertising?
Popular auto insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you switch your coverage to them. How can each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies quote their best rates for the driver that earns them the highest profit. For example, a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has few claims, and insures a new vehicle. Anybody that hits that "sweet spot" will get low rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall short of these stringent criteria may be required to pay higher premiums with the end result being business not being written. The ads state "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. That's why companies can state the savings. Because of these techniques, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Colorado
Even though Fort Collins Fusion insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your Ford and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper Ford Fusion insurance rates in Fort Collins
Companies do not advertise every policy discount very well, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- No Claims - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts are:
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Fort Collins. To see providers who offer free Ford Fusion insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
Buying from insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Fort Collins that give free quotes to get your business. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just a low price. A good agent in Fort Collins will have answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find local Fort Collins agents, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide price quotes.
- AAA Colorado - Ft. Collins Store
3636 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1111 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Wang
1606 S Lemay Ave #107 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-0808 - View Map
- Danny Barnhart - State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste B6, 2427 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 226-1800 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you get quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent agents in Fort Collins that are able to give rate quotes.
- ABC Insurance Agency
121 E Swallow Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3200 - View Map
- Northern Colorado Insurance Services Inc
525 N Denver Ave - Loveland, CO 80537 - (970) 622-9734 - View Map
- Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
If you get good feedback for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage.
How much can you save?
Lower-priced Ford Fusion insurance in Fort Collins is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and poor customer service. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
When getting Fort Collins auto insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)