Locating better insurance prices for a Chrysler 200 in Colorado can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes on a Chrysler and get the lowest price either online or from Denver insurance agents.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Denver is easy if you know what you're doing. If you're already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Consumers just need to know the least time-consuming way to shop from many different companies online.
How to compare Denver Chrysler 200 insurance quotes
All major auto insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get prices on their websites. Doing online quotes for Chrysler 200 insurance in Denver is quite simple because you just enter the coverages you want into the form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Using the web to get rates for Chrysler 200 insurance in Denver makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest auto insurance rates.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies offer quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Chrysler 200 insurance in Denver
Companies do not advertise all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring several vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education in school.
- Claim-Free Discount - Denver drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Denver car insurance quote when compared with bad drivers.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used 200 can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
Companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include location of vehicle, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, good driver, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, multi-car, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including premier plus, senior citizen, farm vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, FullPay discount, and good payer.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and air bags.
If you need affordable Denver car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Denver. To choose providers that offer discounts in Denver, click here.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Denver?
If you need to find an insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Denver are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can provide car insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Denver who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
3401 Quebec St Ste 9400 - Denver, CO 80207 - (303) 377-4767 - View Map
- Hank Dorner - State Farm Insurance Agent
118 W 5th Ave - Denver, CO 80204 - (303) 280-1115 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: K.D. Sakraida
1932 W 33rd Ave - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 433-2094 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver willing to provide price quotes.
- Sorhage and James Insurance
1660 S Albion St # 1005 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 759-4551 - View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
44 Cook St #100 - Denver, CO 80206 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 - Denver, CO 80246 - (800) 636-6185 - View Map
Car insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance - This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/15 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people's vehicles, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Collision coverages - Collision insurance covers damage to your 200 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your 200 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler 200.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like dental work, surgery, hospital visits, pain medications and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Smart consumers save more
Affordable Chrysler 200 insurance in Denver is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado can be read on the following sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Greeley, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)