Nobody anticipates paying for insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. The average driver in the U.S. could save themselves $859 a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
There are many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It's a good idea to price shop coverage before your policy renews since insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest premium rates on Nissan Rogue insurance in Denver a year ago you can probably find a better price now. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Rogue insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to find cheap insurance in Denver.
Take policy discounts and save on Nissan Rogue insurance in Denver
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about before they will apply.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow driving data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- E-sign Discounts - A few insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Denver auto insurance on your computer.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Denver auto insurance quote.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driving training, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-policy, seat belt use, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, multi-car, teen safe driver, safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, switch companies, homeowner, teen driver, alternative fuel, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, driver training, safe driver, good student, defensive driver, and loyalty savings.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply in your area.
All major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give pricing on their websites. Getting online rates for Nissan Rogue insurance in Denver can be done by anyone as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Once entered, their rating system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote determined by many factors. Using the web to get price quotes for Nissan Rogue insurance in Denver makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's also necessary to perform this step in order to get affordable insurance pricing.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$344||$546||$520||$30||$156||$1,596||$133|
|Rogue S AWD||$232||$454||$374||$22||$112||$1,194||$100|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$168||$288||$396||$24||$118||$994||$83|
|Rogue SL AWD||$276||$592||$408||$24||$122||$1,422||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Denver
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Rogue car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn't a written rule for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Rogue claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Higher deductibles save money
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Nissan Rogue insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Denver that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Denver exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get comparison quotes.
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you're happy with, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Frequent quotes can save
We just presented a lot of ways to reduce Nissan Rogue insurance prices online in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Denver auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Discount Nissan Rogue insurance in Denver can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Broomfield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)