Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Mazda 6 insurance in Aurora? Do you get overwhelmed by the number of insurance sources in your area? Lot's of other people are too. Drivers have so many sources to choose from that it can easily turn into a ton of work to find better premium rates for Mazda 6 insurance in Aurora. If you live there, you know that Aurora is a great place to live, but getting gouged by high insurance rates can make it hard for many residents to be able to buy decent coverage.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of Colorado drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. American drivers can cut their rates by 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Mazda 6 Insurance Prices?
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into rates.
- Cheaper rates by combining - The majority of insurance companies will give better rates to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It's possible to still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Insurance prices and driver gender - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- High credit history translates to low premiums - Credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. People with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Mazda 6 by repairing your credit.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results - Safe vehicles cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mazda 6 has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Youthful vs. experienced drivers - Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Teen drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Big cities have higher costs - Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities tend to have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Insurance companies in Colorado give most affordable rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Mazda 6 insurance loss statistics - Insurers use data from past claims to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 6 Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to compare policy rates for Mazda 6 insurance in Aurora is to know the trick almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information such as if you have an active license, driver details, your credit rating estimate, and whether you are single or married. The rating information is instantly provided to all major companies and they return rate quotes very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$536||$358||$22||$108||$1,318||$110|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$340||$362||$22||$108||$1,032||$86|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$458||$352||$20||$106||$1,208||$101|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$334||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,542||$129|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$288||$352||$20||$106||$956||$80|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$350||$538||$460||$28||$138||$1,514||$126|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$288||$338||$20||$100||$894||$75|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$378||$792||$474||$28||$142||$1,814||$151|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$340||$352||$20||$106||$1,008||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The example below compares Mazda 6 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Mazda but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mazda gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Determine discounts on Aurora insurance
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
You should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for professional/association, good student, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, teen driver, multi-car, mature driver, homeowner, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, multi-policy, good student, driver training, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate has savings for defensive driver, farm vehicle, new car, premier discount, senior citizen, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, federal employee, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and air bags.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Buying auto insurance from Aurora auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Aurora car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Aurora for you
If you want a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Aurora are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Rob Owens
20941 E Smoky Hill Rd Unit G - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 693-8877 - View Map
- Jody Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
15260 E Hampden Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-1650 - View Map
- Bob Massie - State Farm Insurance Agent
15290 E 6th Ave #220 - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 364-8298 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Aurora independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-8600 - View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Aurora is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
People switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)